The Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue Training Division is responsible for the training needs of all employees. The Training Division is headed by Assistant Chief Mike Sipin. Basic responsibilities include entry-level recruit training, continuing education and training of personnel, research of new techniques and equipment, and program development. Specific tasks included within the training responsibilities are:
• Basic and advanced firefighting skills
• Driver/Engineer skills
• Company officer development
• Career development
• Technical rescue (rope, confined space, trench, collapse, water/ice, and dive)
• Curriculum development
• EMS training coordination
• Vehicle extrication
• Training to other City of Neenah and Menasha employees (fire extinguishers, emergency management functions, etc).
Training tasks are accomplished through a variety of mediums including traditional classroom delivery, video conferencing, on-site practical methods, and scenario-based evolutions. Department members are empowered to assist in the development and delivery of training through their level of knowledge, skills, and experience.