Fire Prevention, Inspection, and Investigation Bureau
The Neenah-Menasha Fire Prevention, Inspection, and Investigation Bureau is responsible for Fire and Life Safety Prevention in all public buildings, places of employment and multi-family residential properties in the cities of Neenah and Menasha. Fire Prevention and Life Safety is the responsibility of all 68 members of NMFR. Operations staff conduct company inspections, six full time Shift Inspectors work two to a shift conducting more complex inspections, and specialized inspections are completed by specific trained personnel.
Fire Prevention and Life Safety activities cover a number of areas to include:
- Site Plan Development Review and Consulting
- Commercial Development Consulting and Code Compliance
- Fire and Life Safety Systems Consulting, Plan Review, Testing, and Commissioning
- State Mandated Routine Fire Inspections
- Open Burning Permits and Compliance
- Fireworks Permits and Compliance (Public Displays and Consumer Grade)
- Underground and Aboveground Storage Tanks Systems
- Flammable and Combustible Liquid Storage
- Emergency Action Planning & Preparedness
- Occupancy Inspections, License Inspections, Permit Inspections
- Multiple Other Fire Prevention & Life Safety Activities
The NMFR Fire Prevention Bureau also handles all Fire Investigation activities. Each and every fire and emergency response incident has some form of investigation conducted. The Fire Marshal and Shift Inspectors/Investigators conduct the investigations with the assistance of the operations crews on scene. If the incident appears to be criminal in nature, the police department and potentially the state department of justice may be called in to assist with potential criminal prosecution.
A great deal of training, knowledge, and expertise goes into each of the fire prevention activities conducted on a daily basis at NMFR. NMFR is very proud to have the extensive combined years of experience & knowledge from an outstanding fire prevention and investigation team!!