Smoke Alarm Program:
In 2012, Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue was awarded a Fire Prevention & Safety Grant through the Assistance to Firefighter’s Grant (FEMA) of $36,790 to install smoke alarms in homes within our two Communities, the City of Neenah and the City of Menasha. Do you meet any of the following criteria of this grant?
- Single-family, owner occupied homes and a resident of the City of Neenah or City of Menasha?
- Was your home built prior to 1992?
- Do you have children 5 years and under that reside at this home?
- Do you have any occupants 65 years and older?
- Do you have smoke alarms in your home?
Smoke alarms significantly reduce the risk of injury or death from fire and the toxic by-products produced by fires. In the past few years, there have been multiple deaths in residential fires in North East Wisconsin. Many of these homes did not have proper working smoke detectors to alert the residents. For further information on our program, or if you think you may qualify, please call us at 920-886-6200 extension 0 or email us at email@example.com.
A very special “THANK YOU” to Steve Kuehl and Kuehl Electric, Inc. located in the City of Neenah. Kuehl Electric donated $1,500 worth of smoke detector alarms to the NMFR Fire Prevention Program allowing us to maintain our smoke detector program!!